1/4 Photos of Spinach Gorgonzola Walnut Shells With Parmesan Cream
From Pillsbury, an elegant dish!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 15 large pasta shells
- 2 cups frozen spinach, thawed
- 3/4 cup light ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola (or any blue cheese)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups half & half light cream (or regular)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat oven to 350º. Spray a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Cook pasta shells to desired doneness as directed on package.
- 3Meanwhile, squeeze spinach to remove moisture.
- 4In food processor or blender, combine spinach, ricotta, gorgonzola, walnuts, 1 garlic clove and egg.
- 5Process 30-45 seconds in food processor (1-2 minutes in blender) or until well mixed.
- 6In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add minced garlic clove and stir 1 minute or until tender.
- 7Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook and stir until bubbly.
- 8Gradually add half-and-half, stirring constantly with wire whisk.
- 9Cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil.
- 10Stir in parmesan cheese; pour sauce into baking dish.
- 11Drain pasta shells; rinse with hot water. Drain well.
- 12Spoon about 1-1/2 tablespoons filling into each pasta shell.
- 13Arrange stuffed shells in single layer over sauce. Cover tightly with foil.
- 14Bake at 350º for 20-25 minutes or until thoroughly heated and sauce is bubbly.
- 15To serve, spoon sauce over stuffed shells.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Gorgonzola Walnut Shells With Parmesan Cream
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 522.1
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 157.1 mg
- Sodium 1058.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 25.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: