From Pillsbury, an elegant dish!!
Make and share this Spinach Gorgonzola Walnut Shells With Parmesan Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 15 large pasta shells
- 2 cups frozen spinach, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup light ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled gorgonzola (or any blue cheese)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups half & half light cream (or regular)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350º. Spray a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta shells to desired doneness as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, squeeze spinach to remove moisture.
- In food processor or blender, combine spinach, ricotta, gorgonzola, walnuts, 1 garlic clove and egg.
- Process 30-45 seconds in food processor (1-2 minutes in blender) or until well mixed.
- In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add minced garlic clove and stir 1 minute or until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook and stir until bubbly.
- Gradually add half-and-half, stirring constantly with wire whisk.
- Cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir in parmesan cheese; pour sauce into baking dish.
- Drain pasta shells; rinse with hot water. Drain well.
- Spoon about 1-1/2 tablespoons filling into each pasta shell.
- Arrange stuffed shells in single layer over sauce. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350º for 20-25 minutes or until thoroughly heated and sauce is bubbly.
- To serve, spoon sauce over stuffed shells.
This is a very rich dish! I made two individual servings and used arugula instead of spinach. I forgot to put the gorgonzola in the filling, so I just sprinkled it on top. Definately serve with bread to sop up the sauce!