- 10 slices French bread (1", thick) or 6 plain croissants, split
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (10 ounce) packet frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed driy
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese or 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a greasd 13 X 9 X 2" baking dish, arrange French bread or croissants with sides overlapping.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, spinach, salt, nutmeg and pepper; pour over bread.
- Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm.