Recipe by Lizzybob
These are so yummy! I found this recipe in one of my Southern Living Annual recipe cookbooks. It called for corn tortillas but we like flour tortillas better. If you like spinach, you'll love these!
Top Review by Barb Witherspoon
I, too, am familiar with this recipe from Southern Living. I have been making these for years, and they are great. I do use the corn tortillas as called for in the original recipe. Great idea to post this recipe; I encourage everyone to try it!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed & pressed dry
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 package flour tortilla
- 4 cups of shredded monterey jack cheese, divided (save some for the top)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Warm oil in a large skillet& add tortillas one at a time until softened.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Spoon a small amount of onions& cheese on each tortilla.
- Roll up and place seam side down in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Spoon spinach mixture over tortillas.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 325 uncovered for 30 minutes.