Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 mins
From TOH. These would make great party appetizers.
Make and share this Spinach Cheese Balls With Pasta Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 236.59 ml shredded parmesan cheese
- 236.59 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 425.24 g ricotta cheese
- 283.49 g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil
- 177.44 ml seasoned bread crumbs
- 722.91 g jargarden style pasta sauce, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine first 10 ingredients. Blend well. Add spinach, mix well. Stir in flour, 1 cup at a time, until well blended.
- Heat oil to 350.
- Place bread crumbs in a small bowl. Shape spinach mixture into 1 1/2 inches balls; roll in bread crumbs and place on a baking sheet.
- Fry six balls at a time, about 4-6 minutes or until golden brown on all sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Cool 2 minutes before serving. Serve wit pasta sauce for dipping.