Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 mins
From TOH. These would make great party appetizers.
Make and share this Spinach Cheese Balls With Pasta Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 (25 1/2 ounce) jargarden style pasta sauce, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine first 10 ingredients. Blend well. Add spinach, mix well. Stir in flour, 1 cup at a time, until well blended.
- Heat oil to 350.
- Place bread crumbs in a small bowl. Shape spinach mixture into 1 1/2 inches balls; roll in bread crumbs and place on a baking sheet.
- Fry six balls at a time, about 4-6 minutes or until golden brown on all sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Cool 2 minutes before serving. Serve wit pasta sauce for dipping.