Recipe by pammyowl
Spinach Casserole is a delightful way to boost your iron and vitamin c intake! Although it is high in fat, due to the cheese, you could make it several times a year for special occasions.
Top Review by MsPia
It was delicious!! I made it in individual ramekins. The picture does not do justice to the dish. It looked beautiful coming out off the oven, but it deflated by the time I got the camera :( We had it as a side dish for Parmesan Chicken.
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- ground black pepper
- kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (coarsely grated)
- 20 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a shallow 1-quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl whisk half-and-half, eggs, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and nutmeg together; stir in 1 +1/2 cups of the cheese then the spinach. Spread evenly in prepared baking dish, and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake until set in the middle and top is golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes.