Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great spinach salad. Not a typical spinach salad.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1⁄4 cup mandarin orange liquid
- 10 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup red onion strip
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Melt butter with brown sugar; add nuts & brown. Pour mixture on foil or waxed paper and let harden. Crack like toffee/brittle.
- Mix all ingredients but onions, oranges & spinach. Add dressing, onions (chopped) & oranges before serving.
this is a wonderful citrus salad. We grilled salmon to go with this and it is a perfect summer meal!!! thank you for the recipe!