Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I ate this dish in Trieste once, it is very simple, traditional comfort food, that works well with creamy polenta. This is my "rebuild" version.
- 500 g spinach leaves
- 4 medium sized potatoes (cooked and cubed)
- 200 g cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese, shaves (optional)
- Heat butter in a pan and add onion and garlic.
- Let fry until translucent.
- Add potatoe cubes and let brown a bit.
- Add beans and let heat through.
- Add spinach leaves and let wilt.
- Add cinnamon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve sprinkled with parmesan and with creamy polenta.