Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is so yummy, I can make a meal off of it alone. Great to take to parties and covered dish functions.
- 1 loaf French bread, split in half lengthwise
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 diced onion
- 4 ounces mushrooms, drained
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- pepper, to taste
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- parmesan cheese
- Cook spinach as directed on package. Drain very well.
- Saute onions in butter in skillet.
- Mix in spinach, mushrooms, cheeses (except parmesan), and all other ingredients. Spread on bread.
- Sprinkle parmesan on top.
- Bake at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes.
The whole family loved this & I'll definitely be making it again! I made it to serve with a pot of soup and this bread was the star of the night. I added some garlic powder, but otherwise followed the recipe. The spinach mixture is fairly thick, but so yummy and we all benefit from more veggies. We loved the additional texture provided by the mushrooms. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
Made this tonight with your Crawfish Etouffe'. You are absolutely right about being able to make a meal of just the bread, but it complimented the crawfish excellently! Only change I made was to use fresh spinach instead of frozen. I just sauteed it with the onions till wilted and went from there. Thnx for posting a winner, -Mary-. Made for Spring PAC 2009.
I'm strong...'cause I eats me spinach. LOOOOOOOOOVED it! Made for Fall PAC 2011.