Recipe by Phammy
Another twist on deviled eggs with spinach and bacon. Original recipe calls for cider vinegar AND sugar, but I think it's fine if you want to omit the sugar. I topped it off with a little cayenne pepper and paprika and everyone enjoyed it. I cut the recipe in half (6 eggs and eye balled the amount of mayo, salt and pepper), but will post the full measured recipe Published by Debbie Moose (Deviled Egg: 50 Recipes from Simple to Sassy)
- 12 hard-boiled eggs (peeled and cut in half with yolks smashed in a bowl)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup cooked chopped bacon
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar (opt-taste first without)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or more if you desire)
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- fold all the ingredients with the mashed yolk and mix well.
- place filling in a strong zip lock bag or piping bag and fill the eggs with mixture.
- sprinkle cayenne pepper and paprika and serve.
- *to boil eggs, fill pot with eggs and cold water (enough to cover eggs). Place on stove under high heat until it boils. Turn heat down to low and cover and let simmer for 8 minutes. Thoroughly rinse in cold water. Egg shells should peel off easily.