Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I used to hate avocados until I moved to New Zealand, but it's considered odd if you don't eat them! I created this salad and the acid from the tomatoes and a bit of salt and pepper make them divine. I now LOVE them! This makes a great healthy stand alone lunch or dinner and the colours in it are vibrant and tempting. Enjoy!
- 1 tomatoes, ripe
- 1 cup spinach leaves, washed and shaken and chopped
- 120 g avocados (medium sized)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 20 g parmesan cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic dressing
- Pit avocado and cut into small cubes.
- dice tomato.
- shred spinach leaves into bite sized pieces.
- mix all ingredients together.
- Note: this is also good if you add a boiled egg -- very pretty with presentation.