Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
When you really want an appetizer that will impress your guests, this is the one to make. It combines spinach-artichoke spreadable cheese and lump crabmeat, that's baked until hot and golden...it's so good!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) package Alouette spinach artichoke spreadable cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) containerrefrigerated pasteurized lump crabmeat
- pepperidge fam harvest wheat distinctive cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 350°F Lightly grease a 1-quart shallow baking dish.
- Heat the butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and garlic. Gradually stir in the milk. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens.
- Stir the cheese, nutmeg and black pepper in the saucepan. Cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Gradually stir in the milk. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. Serve with the crackers for dipping.
- RECIPE NOTE: 1-quart baking dishes come in a variety of shapes. Use whichever you like the best, just make sure it's oven-safe.