Recipe by dicentra
This is from one of my Food and Wine cookbooks. They say to serve this with a sauvignon blanc because it can stand up to the aggressive flavor of the feta. This looks like another great way to use up turkey leftovers. Serve with pita bread.
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and halved lengthwise
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh spinach, stems removed and washed well
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked turkey, cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor, combine 1 cucumber half, the yogurt, oil, vinegar, dill, ¼ teaspoon of the salt, and the pepper. Blend or process until smooth.
- Chop the remaining cucumber and add to the blender or food processor along with the feta. Pulse once or twice just to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, turkey, tomatoes and the remaining salt. Toss the salad with the dressing and serve.
- Variations: Use fresh oregano instead of dill and/or add ½ cup of Greek olives.