Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are so good!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed very dry (as dry as you can get it)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 (500 g) containers ricotta cheese (do not use low fat)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 -2 minced garlic clove (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- seasoning salt and pepper (can use white salt)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg (or to taste)
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 2 cups marinara sauce (see my recipe posted on Zaar!)
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Squeeze-dry the thawed spinach very well, (is is very important to make sure there is NO moisture left in the spinach, as this will make the mixture soggy).
- Mix the spinach with the melted butter; set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the ricotta, grated mozza cheese, 2 eggs, flour, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg, mix thoroughly.
- Mix the spinach in the ricotta mixture, mix well to combine.
- Spread the mixture onto a cooked lasagna noodle; roll up.
- Repeat with the remaining noodles.
- Lay the rolled noodles into a prepared greased baking dish, seam-side down.
- Cover with a layer of marinara sauce (you do not have to cover the rolls completely with the sauce).
- Sprinkle with Parmesan chees (any amount desired).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- *NOTE* if desired sprinkle grated Mozzeralla cheese over the rolls the last 10 minutes of baking time.