Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a really yummy dish and something different from the usual lasagne
- 125 g cannelloni tubes, shells (or you can use fresh lasagne sheets)
- 1 bunch spinach (or 1 box of frozen spinach)
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup of grated cheese
- 1⁄4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 700 g pasta sauce (or you can make your own)
- 1⁄2 cup extra grated cheese (for sprinkling on top)
- Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees.
- Boil spinach for a couple of minutes, drain and finely chop.
- In a bowl mix ricotta, grated cheese, parmesan cheese, egg yolks, salt, pepper and nutmeg and spinach.
- Stuff mixture into cannelloni shells.
- Lay shells out in lasagne dish in one layer.
- Top with tomato pasta sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in oven for 45-50 minutes or until pasta is cooked (test with a knife) and cheese is golden on top.
- Serve with hot Italian bread, salad and wine.
- Good to freeze- to reheat, put in oven at 190 degrees celcius covered with foil for an hour. take foil off and leave unill cheese is nice and melted on-top.