Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni
photo by The cooking foodie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 350 g fresh spinach
- 1 (250 g) package cannelloni tubes
- 350 g ricotta cheese
- 50 g grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt for the filling and 1 tsp for the cooking water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (400 g) jar tomato sauce with garlic and oregano or (400 g) jar homemade tomato sauce
- 250 g greted mozzarella cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- In a pan with olive oil fry minced garlic cloves for 1-2 minutes.
- Add fresh spinach, cook 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. When cooled chop the spinach.
- In a large bowl mix together ricotta, chopped spinach, parmesan cheese, lemon zest, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- When the water in the pot is boiling add the cannelloni. Cook for 6-7 minutes and transfer to cold water.
- Heat oven to 180C/360f.
- Transfer the filling into piping bag and fill all cannelloni tubes.
- Pour 4-6 tbsp of tomato sauce into the base of large baking dish (~20*30cm/8*12in). Lay the tubes, side by side. On top pour the reminding tomato sauce. And cover all with grated mozzarella cheese.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 15 min, after 15 minutes remove the foil and bake 15 minutes more.
- for full video recipe visit my youtube channel: The cooking foodie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hwU6oum7GA.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!