Recipe by Kim127
Make sure the prosciutto is sliced thin! Enjoy!
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
Fabulous filling: if you love spinach, cheese and prosciutto, what's not to love! :) I used low-fat ricotta - still very creamy - and allowed myself to enjoy the melted butter indulgence with less guilt! My only additions were a tablespoon of minced garlic and some oregano and thyme. Smelt wonderful while cooking and the taste more than lived up to the aromas while this was cooking. Certainly a recipe I'll be making again - in larger quantities next time as this is a dish that would freeze well. Thank you, Kim, for sharing this recipe. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
- 9 -10 lasagna noodles
- 3 cups Fontina cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 9 -10 slices prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and pat dry.
- Combine 2 1/2 cups Fontina cheese, egg, spinach, ricotta and parmesan in a small bowl.
- Spread each lasagna noodle with cheese mixture, lay on one slice of prosciutto lenghtwise along each noodle.
- Roll up each noodle and place seam side down in a baking dish.
- Drizzle each roll with melted butter.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Sprinkle with reserved Fontina cheese and return to oven, uncovered, for about 1 minute or until cheese is melted.