Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great for breakfast or brunch as well as a light dinner.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 small red potatoes, thinly sliced (I leave mine unpeeled)
- 1 cup torn fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Place potatoes in the skillet, cover and cook about 10 minutes until tender but firm.
- Mix in spinach, green onions and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes, until spinach is wilted.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and milk.
- Pour into skillet over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cook 5 to 7 more minutes or until eggs are firm.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Delicious! I made this for a use up fridge store before heading on vacation lunch. I didn't expect it to be quite so good, but it was really really tasty. I made pretty much as stated and will be making again. Thanks for a great and healthy meal!
Absolutely wonderful! Here are the modifications I've incorporated, to rave reviews. My preference is for yellow-flesh potatoes, so I use those whenever possible. Once in the skillet, sprinkle potatoes to taste with black pepper and oregano. To avoid burning, I tend to use a medium low heat and cook the potatoes until they are mostly browned on at least 1 side, up to 20 minutes. After the spinach has wilted I add 2 sundried tomato halves, julienned and cut crosswise, and 2 TB fresh basil, chopped, in addition to the garlic and green onions; substitute 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese for the cheddar. It takes about 30 minutes for my eggs to set on low heat when covered.
I have made this recipe a few times now and it is a keeper. Simple to put together and delicious! Almost anything you like can be added to this Frittata to match your tastes (e.g. bacon, sundried tomatoes, etc.) Great recipe, thanks for sharing!