Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very simple salad that is great all year long, especially in winter when citrus fruits are in season. If you just want an quick salad, look no further. Source: Southern Living, January 1986.
- 3⁄4 lb fresh spinach, torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 medium oranges, peeled, sectioned, and seeded
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup French dressing (try one from this site)
- Wash spinach thoroughly and allow to dry (use a salad spinner, if you have one).
- Combine spinach, orange sections, and sliced onion in a large salad bowl, tossing well.
- Drizzle dressing over spinach mixture; toss gently.
This is my family's go to salad. My mom and brother prefer mandarin oranges, I prefer fresh ones, either way it's good. I agree with the other reviewer, raspberry dressing is amazing with this.
Simple and tasty! To switch it up try mango slices and raspberry dressing, instead of oranges and French. :)
Nice refreshing ingredients in this super salad paired with a tangy French Dressing is a classic. I used Brown Derby Old Fashioned French Dressing for the dressing. I really loved the combinations. Thanks for sharing your recipe.