Recipe by Chris Reynolds
I found this recipe in the American Profile magazine. My DH loved this recipe and said I could make it anytime! It tastes like a quiche, but without the crust.
Top Review by 906760
My husband made this dish, and it was delicious! We used a 9 X 13" casserole glass dish. Also, we used a 9 oz. bag of fresh spinach. Just mix all the ingredients with the sauteed onions and garlic, and bake like the recipe says. It turned out great.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Drain spinach well. Saute onion and garlic in 2 tbsp of the melted butter until onion is translucent.
- Mix spinach with the eggs, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, flour, and the remaining butter.
- Add the sauteed onions and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into prepared dish and bake for 1 hour.