Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is similar to the other one listed, but this one does not use marinated artichokes or whiskey. I received this recipe from my daughter-in-law. She got it from the December 2003 Good Housekeeping magazine. It is really good as I'm sure the other version is.
- 20 ounces spinach
- 13 3⁄4 ounces artichoke hearts
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thaw and squeeze dry 2 10 oz. pkgs. frozen spinach.
- Drain canned artichokes and chop.
- Grate parmesan.
- In a bowl, combine spinach, artichokes, cream, salt, pepper and 1/3 cup parmesan.
- In another bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese until fluffy, occasionally scraping bowl.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually add milk, mixing just until well blended.
- Spoon spinach mixture into shallow 1 1/2 quart casserole or 8" by 8" glass baking dish.
- Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over spinach mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup parmesan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges bubble and top is golden.
Very good, thanks!