Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a collaboration of a couple different pecan pie recipes.
- 1 unbaked frozen deep dish pie shell
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons makers mark bourbon whiskey
- 1 1⁄2 cups roughly chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, with rack on bottom setting in oven.
- Put choc chips and pecans in pie crust.
- Mix together corn syrup, sugar, salt, vanilla, melted butter, and beaten eggs. Pour over nuts and chips in pie crust.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on cooling rack.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.