1/1 Photo of Spicy Zucchini Boats With Tomato & Pepper Jack
Cooking Creation's Note:
The garden is currently bursting with zucchini and tomatoes and this is one of my favorite ways to use it up. These are cheesy, sweet, salty and spicy all in one bite. I typically have them as a snack but they are also perfect as a side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer. Remove the onion with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 3Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds from the middle of the zucchini to make the boats, leaving 1/2 inch of the zucchini intact.
- 4Season the zucchini boats evenly with salt, pepper and basil. Spread the onions out on top of the zucchini. Place four sliced tomatoes on top of each boat. Top with pepper jack cheese and add another layer of tomatoes. Top with some more pepper jack cheese.
- 5Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender. Garnish with basil.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Zucchini Boats With Tomato & Pepper Jack
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.4
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 16.7 mg
- Sodium 111.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 6.4 g