Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
"No cook" recipe from "Cooking Light Cookbook, 1989". You can add salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 lb fresh broccoli
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into julienne strips
- 2 carrots, scraped, cut into julienne srips
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Trim off large leaves of broccoli, and remove rough ends of lower stalks. Wash broccoli thoroughly.
- Cut away tops (and save the stalks) and set aside.
- Cut the broccoli stalks into 1/4" slices.
- Combine the broccoli tops and stalks with the zucchini, and carrots in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the shallots, garlic, cilantro, and pepper flakes. Stir well and add water, lemon juice and oil (whisk to blend).
- Add this dressing to the veggies mixture tossing gently.
- Top with green onions.