"No cook" recipe from "Cooking Light Cookbook, 1989". You can add salt and pepper to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh broccoli
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into julienne strips
- 2 carrots, scraped, cut into julienne srips
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1Trim off large leaves of broccoli, and remove rough ends of lower stalks. Wash broccoli thoroughly.
- 2Cut away tops (and save the stalks) and set aside.
- 3Cut the broccoli stalks into 1/4" slices.
- 4Combine the broccoli tops and stalks with the zucchini, and carrots in a large bowl.
- 5In another bowl, combine the shallots, garlic, cilantro, and pepper flakes. Stir well and add water, lemon juice and oil (whisk to blend).
- 6Add this dressing to the veggies mixture tossing gently.
- 7Top with green onions.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Zucchini (And Broccoli) Toss
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.2
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 120.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 6.8 g