Spicy Sicilian Pasta Toss
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Fast and flavorful weeknight dinner without worring about defrosting. Serve with salad and warm crusty bread. When serving this at a potluck I break up the pasta into 1 inch pieces and serve at room temperature as a salad or side dish.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh mushrooms (6oz.)
- 1⁄4 lb sliced pepperoni, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup pasta water
- 1 (12 ounce) package tomato basil linguine
- grated parmesan cheese
- salt, if used in cooking pasta
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- In large skillet over medium heat, heat oil; add mushrooms, pepperoni, onion, garlic and oregano and crushed red pepper if using.
- Cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender; stir in tomatoes and let simmer on low heat.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain reserving ½ cup pasta cooking water.
- Add water to sauce and stir.
- Toss hot pasta and sauce; sprinkle with cheese.
- (7-1cup servings).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION