Recipe by Sueie
Super moist chicken with a bit of a bite, my guests always enjoy this. I serve this with Jasmine rice and other vegetables. A do ahead recipe that can be marinated during the day and then popped in oven in the evening.
Top Review by Tebo
No problem with this recipe. Good taste and do ahead to boot!! I added extra spices and used the marinade (I added some white wine to thin it a bit) as a sauce for the chicken and rice. Thanks Sueie.
- 8 -10 chicken drumsticks or 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 (200 g) container low-fat yogurt (I use skim)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in shallow dish.
- Mix yoghurt, garlic, cumin, coriander and chilli together and pour over chicken.
- Coat well.
- Cover and leave to marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Remove excess yoghurt mix from chicken.
- Arrange drumsticks on foil line baking tray and bake in moderate oven 200deg C for 35- 40 minutes or until tender and cooked.
- Place remaining yoghurt mix into saucepan.
- Blend in cornflour and sugar.
- Bring to boil, stirring.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Drizzle sauce over chicken.