Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This simple chili recipe is a hit for a cold night, tailgating, or watching the big game at the house with friends.
- 2 lbs ground turkey (85/15)
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 60 ounces diced tomatoes (4 x 15 oz cans)
- 45 ounces dark red kidney beans (3 x 15 oz cans)
- 24 ounces beer (2 x 12 oz cans)
- 18 ounces water (1.5 x 12 oz beer can)
- 6 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 4 -5 large garlic cloves, pressed
- Brown ground turkey and drain fat. Add diced onions, jalapenos, tomatoes, kidney beans, beer, water, chili powder, cumin, garlic and salt. Bring to a boil and simmer on low heat for 2 to 3 hours. For an extra punch, add a garlic clove and another tablespoon of chili powder and allow to simmer five more minutes before serving.