Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My DH and I were watching Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and saw the chef of one of the restaurants making these delicious looking burgers using ground chicken. DH thought they looked so good that he wrote down the ingredients so I could make them. I have no idea what these burgers were really called, what the name of the restaurant is or what the measurements are suppose to be and I don't remember if they used a special sauce on the bun. Ground turkey is easier to get than ground chicken, so I used that instead. Here is how I made them, and they turned out so delicious I wanted to post it here to remember what I did.. I left out the chili flakes, but included "a pinch" in the recipe. We just served them on bakery buns, with the fixins we'd normally put on a regular hamburger, but you can do whatever sounds good.
- 20 ounces ground turkey
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Form into 4 patties
- I put these on the BBQ grill, but I'm sure they'd work out just as well in a pan with a bit of olive oil to keep them from sticking.
- Serve on a bun with your favorite fixings. We used cheese, raw onions and lettuce. I'd also like to add tomato next time. I used mustard, DH and DD used ketchup. If you find this recipe on the DDD site, they probably have a special sauce that goes perfectly with it. Enjoy!
interesting. the curry is the most dominant spice in this dish. im giving it a 5 * because it is def. worth trying. the onions a fresh jalapeno keep the moisture in this burger. i think i might make them as appetizer meatballs for my next pot luck.
i suggest you pair with rice or pineapple.