Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Bon Appetit inspired
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 cup mild salsa, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallot
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon favorite hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix ground turkey, 1/2 cup salsa, shallots, 3 tablespoons oil, hot sauce, cumin, salt, and pepper in large bowl. Shape turkey mixture into six patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add burgers; cook until brown, about 3 minutes per side. Reduce heat to low. Sauté until burgers are cooked through, about 4 minutes, turning occasionally.