Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My family loves grilled tuna. This is very easy and tasty. Great for summer cook-outs. Garlicy.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 lbs tuna steaks
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
- In medium bowl, combine oil, garlic, soy sauce, mustard, lemon juice and pepper.
- Rinse fish under cold water and pat dry.
- Place fish in a shallow bowl and cover with marinade; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place tuna on non-stick grilling rack and grill 5-7 minutes on each side or until opaque; apply marinade while cooking to keep moist.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Let me say, WOW. I have never had tuna steak before and I was apprehensive because I thought it would taste too fishy. I was so wrong! I used extra virgin olive oil instead of vegetable oil, and prepared mustard instead of dry. I cooked this on the grill next to my husband's t-bone steak. When this tuna steak was done I had him try it, he liked it, and he HATES seafood! Excellent recipe, I will be using it again.
I have always wanted to try grilled tuna and boy, am I ever glad I did. My family thought this was wonderful. We really liked the flavor of the marinade. The kids even enjoyed this and they are picky eaters. Thanks for a winner.
I agree with all of the above comments, but to really get the very best out of the flavour, sear the tuna well on a very hot grilling plate BUT leave the centre of the meat almost uncooked. Excellent for sashimi lovers. Does not taste 'fishy'. I Substituted Wasabi for dry mustard for a distinctly fresh aftertaste. Excellent, this will be a regular at home.