Recipe by Ridgely
This is great. This pasta recipe has a nice spicy cheese sauce and is easy to throw together. The spiciness of the dish can be easy altered to suit ones preferences. I did use the "mild" can of Rotel tomatoes with the regular Mexican cheese and it was just right for me.
Top Review by internetnut
I'm not rating this as I have not tried this recipe. The copy of this recipe I have I found in Southern Living magazine. My copy is slightly different. It calls for 8oz uncooked Penne pasta, 1/2 c (16oz) Velveeta mild Mexican cheese, and 14oz diced tomatoes and green chilies (Rotel). The rest of the ingredients is the same as are the directions. Also it says "With tons of flavorful stir-ins such as diced tomatoes, broccoli, bacon, ham, spinach, asparagus, chicken, and more. Thanks for posting what sounds like a great recipe! Christine (internetnut)
- 16 ounces your favorite penne pasta
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package Velveeta Mexican cheese, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, draining well.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion and sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add cheese and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Stir in sour cream, blending well.
- Stir in Rotel tomatoes and pasta; cook and stir constantly, 5 minutes or until heated through.