Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe originally came from the USA Rice Council's "Rice Cafe" website. I made some slight changes. It is perfect with BBQ pork ribs or shrimp kebabs! Makes a large bowl and is even better on Day 2 or 3!
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Grill, cool, and cut into bite size pieces.
- In large bowl mix cooled rice, chicken, coleslaw mix, cilantro and peanuts.
- In medium bowl whisk together Thai Peanut Sauce, vegetable oil, soy sauce and water.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
This was great! I cut the recipe in half and the first time I ate it, I regretted not making the whole batch. I have already given out this recipe. I made Garlic Peanut Sauce for the peanut sauce. The sauce has chilli oil and soy sauce in it, so I omitted those ingredients and doubled the water. I think I may have saved a few calories and cut down on the sodium. Reviewed for Pool Party 2010.
Love Thai food and this is one we all enjoyed. With most of our meals built around chicken breasts finding a great tasting Chicken Rice Salad with the wonderful Thai combination of ingredients made my day. Other then needing to sub the cilantro -(not having cilantro I subbed with fresh parsley) made as posted with excellent results. It's a keeper! Thank you Lisa.