Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Let me know what you think!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 16 ounces linguine
- 16 ounces assorted fresh vegetables (any kind)
- wooden skewer
- Place chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap; lightly pound with meat mallet to an even 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut each pounded breast into 1-inch strips; place in large reclosable plastic bag.
- In 1-quart glass measure, combine broth, peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Microwave (high) for 2 minutes or until peanut butter melts enough to mix smoothly.
- Place 1/2 cup of the marinade in bag with chicken; reserve remaining marinade. Seal bag; marinate in refrigerator for several hours.
- Soak skewers in water for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade and weave onto skewers; discard marinade.
- Place chicken on rack of broiler pan that has been coated with no-stick cooking spray.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat source for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine in large pot of boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain water and add reserved marinade and vegetables.
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes until pasta is al dente and vegetables are tender.
- Place pasta on large platter.
- Top with skewers of cooked chicken.
Delicious and easy to make, we really enjoyed this recipe, thanks for posting it! The combination of ingredients is very much to our tastes. I used green pepper, zucchini and green onions as the veggies. I was out of wooden skewers, so I pan cooked the chicken in the sauce and added in the veggies when the chicken was just about ready. I also had to sub spaghettini for the linguine. Very yummy!