Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Well, love peppers, and cheese, and well sweet cornbread. How can you go wrong. It's cheap, easy, and delicious! Great with chili or even a hearty bean soup. Also I usually make this amount to have left overs. It's wonderful by itself just smothered in butter. Surprisingly it is not that hot..a little spice with a little zing from the peppers being pickled
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) packages Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 cup finely chopped pickled jalapeno pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sweet corn (optional)
- In a large bowl prepare cornbread as directed on the box of cornbread.
- Add corn, cheddar cheese and finely chopped pickled jalapeños.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Separate mix into two 9x9-inch greased pans.
- Follow the instructions on the cornbread box for baking.
- I usually bake at 350°F for about a half hour or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
This is really very simple and very good. I enjoy making it in a mini muffin pan - excellent "pop-in-your-mouth" bites for Super Bowl Sunday!