Recipe by Rebecca_E
An easy, healthy, crock-pot recipe that your man will love. Mexican-style stuffed bell peppers.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup prepared brown rice, slightly undercooked (prepare with 1/2 tsp sea salt in water)
- 2 (12 ounce) cansrotel mexican diced tomatoes with lime and cilantro
- 2 (14 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 3 bell peppers (I use 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 red)
- 1 yellow onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mexican oregano (use regular mediterranean if you don't have it)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet brown ground beef with chopped onions and chopped bell pepper tops. Add all spices except for chili powder. When meat is brown and veggies are tender, add the two cans of rotel to the skillet along with the rice, kidney beans, and black beans.
- Cut each bell pepper in half and fill with the meat mixture.
- Place what is leftover of the meat mixture in the bottom of the crock pot and arrange the stuffed peppers face-up on top.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the tomato sauce and chili powder.
- Pour the tomato sauce mixture evenly over the stuffed peppers.
- Put the lid on and cook on "high" for 2 hours and then "low" for 2 hours.
- Serve with grated cheddar and pepperjack cheese and corn chips.