Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From "Rachael Ray made me 95 lbs. slimmer!"
- 1 1⁄4 lbs green beans
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lb orzo pasta
- 2 ounces spicy chorizo sausage, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika or 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup grated manchego cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Bring pot of water to a boil for the orzo. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- When oven is hot, pile green beans on a rimmed baking sheet. Toss beans with 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil to coat and season with salt ad pepper. Roast 15 minutes, until brown at the edges and tender.
- When water comes to a boil, salt and cook orzo until al dente.
- Heat 1 T. extra-virgin olive oil in a deep, large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and cook for 1 minute. Add onion, red bell pepper, jalapeno, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook vegetables for 5 minutes, then season shrimp with paprika and toss into the pa. Stir in tomatoes and cook for 4 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and firm.
- Drain pasta and place in a medium bowl. Stir in Manchego cheese and parsley to evenly coat the orzo. Serve shrimp with orzo and green beans.