Recipe by English_Rose
A low fat, fail-safe pasta dish that will proves that it's just as easy to whip up a meal as it is to turn on the microwave.
Top Review by jade1977
It was too dry. Interesting, and worth playing around with. I liked the celery, boyfriend did not, but we both loved the garlic mushrooms. If I make again will play with making a little bit more saucy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces chestnut mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, leaves only
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 14 ounces chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped (or use dried chili flakes)
- 10 ounces spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add the mushrooms, then fry over a high heat for 3 mins until golden and softened.
- Add the garlic, fry for 1 min more, then tip into a bowl with the parsley. Add the onion and celery to the pan with the rest of the oil, then fry for 5 mins until lightly coloured.
- Stir in the tomatoes, chili and a little salt, then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 mins until thickened.
- Meanwhile, boil the spaghetti, then drain.
- Toss with the sauce, top with the garlicky mushrooms, then serve.