Spicy Chicken Spaghetti
A quick, easy, one-dish weeknight meal invented by my mother-in-law. We love this stuff and use lots of jalapenos!! Chicken Spaghetti Texas-Style. The mix of jalapenos and cream keeps it from being too hot but maintains the spicy flavor. We serve with garlic bread for scooping up the sauce and a veggie on the side.
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno pepper juice, from jar pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- pickled jalapeno pepper juice
- salt and pepper
- Trim chicken breasts of fat and cut into bite-sized pieces. Saute in a large skillet with butter and garlic until cooked through and browned.
- Add minced jalapenos and liquid. Saute until fragrant and pan is fairly dry.
- Add soup, milk, and cheese. Simmer until heated through and cheese is melted. Add more milk or jalapeno liquid as desired to thin sauce.
- Serve over spaghetti noodles.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this the other night. It was quite good. I'm not sure how much jalapeno and juice I used but I'm fairly certain it was more than called for and it still wasn't super spicy. Very tasty and I had some left over the next day, just cooked more pasta and heated the sauce/chicken in a small skillet. Thanks.Reply
I thought this was very good. I used minced fresh and pickeled jalapenos, added chopped cilantro at the end. I just needed more than a half a cup to thin out the sauce. For the salt portion, I used Goya adobo seasoning. I halved the recipe. Next time , I will make the full recipe and freeze the leftovers. Thank you for the recipe.Reply