Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Go ahead and say that 3 times fast! LOL! 0) Here you have have a spicy salad stuffed into jumbo pasta shells made easy for fun finger food.
- 8 jumbo pasta shells, cooked according to box directions
- 3⁄4 cup defrosted shrimp, cut into 1/4 if not small shrimp
- 1 cup diced summer slicing tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup diced seeded cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1⁄3 cup diced zucchini
- 1⁄3 cup diced scallion
- 1 avocado, 3/4 cup diced
- 1 chipotle pepper, seed removed and diced
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon herbs (cilantro, basil, and or parsley)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 fresh lime, juice
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- salt and pepper
- Toss salad ingredients together.
- Toss dressing ingredients together, add to salad and stir to coat.
- Stuff and I mean stuff liberally into the shells. Chill for 1 hour. Garnish with fresh herbs and plate of a bed of fresh greens if desired.
How can I not give this recipe 5 stars? It boggles the mind what is possible with this as a base recipe and the variations possible for wonderful attractive tasty appetizerswithout the old Ho Hum covering. Loved the recipe changed a couple of things but not drasticalyy We loved it! There will be many more varities of it in the future Thanks Rita for a super easy, attractive, tasty recipe.
This made for a delicious lunch this afternoon. Yummy stuff...I made them last night so they sat overnight to blend all the delicious flavors together. I did half the recipe though since it is just 2 for lunch. The mixed flavors were absolutely wonderful and such a nice crunch from the veggies with a great kick from the chipotle peppers. Of course silly me, I realized I forgot to mix the shrimps with the salad and I had already stuffed my shells the night before, so I just put the shrimps on the side with a little mix of mayo and dijon. Turned out to be a fantastic lunch. Thanks for this great recipe Rita