Recipe by winter rowand
This is a nice warm quick soup for those cold winter days ahead
Top Review by ladyfingers
I didn't really follow winter's directions--just fried the sausage and onions in the butter. Then dumped everything else in...it was ready before I had all the groceries put away! Thanks for the great food combination idea--this was a very tasty and fast lunch. Much more hearty than plain old canned soup.
- 12 ounces linguica sausage or 12 ounces chorizzo sausage
- hot water
- 1⁄2 lb spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sausage in a 2 1/2 qt microwave safe dish add about 1/2 inch of hot water cover and microwave for 2 1/2 minutes turn sausage and cook an additional 2 1/2 minutes.
- Lift sausage out and thinly slice set aside and wipe out microwave dish.
- While the sausage is cooking remove and discard spinach stems, wash and coarsely chop spinach set aside ; and dissolve bouillon in 2 cups hot water set aside.
- Melt butter in dish for 30 seconds.
- Stir in onion and cook in microwave 4 minutes stirring occasional; stir in potato soup.
- Then mix everything else together all in the same dish of course.
- Cover and cook about 4 minutes stirring once or twice until soup in hot through.