1/3 Photos of Spicy Rice, Bean and Lentil Casserole
Fibre packed, vegetarian nutritionally complete meal. I used a mix of yellow and green split peas, instead of green lentils, the kidney beans can be substituted with any other type beans also. Can be reheated in microwave, next day for lunch at work. from the local newspaper through The Canadian Press.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 3/4 cups vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup green lentil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned corn kernels or 1 cup frozen corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup mild salsa or 1 cup hot salsa
- 1In a non stick saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat.
- 2Add garlic, onions and green pepper, cook for 3 minutes.
- 3Stir in stock, brown rice, lentils, basil and chili powder, bring to boil.
- 4Reduce heat to medium low and cook, covered and stirring occasionally, for 30 to 40 minutes or until rice and lentils are tender and liquid is absorbed.
- 5Stir in beans, corn and salsa, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Rice, Bean and Lentil Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.8
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 541.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.8 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 23.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: