Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 large red capsicum
- 1 large onion
- 1 large tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup boiled peas
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
for curry mixture
- 1 tablespoon channa dal
- 3⁄4 tablespoon Urad Dal
- 3 peanuts
- 3 red chilies
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon jeera seeds
- very little mustard seeds
- For Curry mixture: Fry ingredients in the order stated above and grind them into a dry mix.
- Keep aside.
- Vegetable: Cut potatoes into long thin slices.
- Cut capsicum into long thin slices.
- Cut onion and tomato into fine pieces.
- Fry potatoes first.
- Make sure the Potato slices do not break.
- Then add capsicum and fry it till brown.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Now fry onions, tomatoes and onions.
- Add fried potatoes and capsicum to it with a little water.
- Now add the curry mixture as prepared above and salt and haldi to taste.
- Keep on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or chapatis.