Recipe by barefootmommawv
This chili is loaded with white beans and cubes of pork, has just enough kick. Top it with hot pepper cheese and finely diced onions for more of a kick.
Top Review by LilPinkieJ
This is great chili. It's a little sweet and a little spicy. I loved the pork instead of the same old standby of ground beef. I used half beef stock and half chicken for the broth. I also omitted the water, just because we like it thicker as well. Very very good and easy to make. I will be making this again! Made and Reviewed for 123 Hit Wonders - Thanks! :)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin, cubed
- 2 large onions, diced
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 (15 1/2 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the pork, onions and celery in butter until meat is browned. Stir in the beans, broth, water, jalapenos, spices, garlic, salt, parsley and hot pepper sauce if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. Uncover; simmer 30-40 minutes longer or until chili reaches desired consistency. Spring with cheese.
- 3. ** Note ** When cutting or seeding hot peppers, use rubber gloves or plastic glovers to protect your hands. Avoid touching your face.