Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This one comes from Taste of Home's Simple Cooking magazine.
Make and share this Spicy Paprika Herb Rub recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion salt or 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in a covered container. Rub over meat or poultry before cooking.
This is sort of like a different kind of chili powder. I put it on beef short ribs, and refrigerated them overnight. I used onion powder and added a bit of kosher salt. The rub seemed to tenderize the meat a little bit as well as helping it brown in the pan. I would definitely use it again. Thanks for posting!
So easy to put together and great used to rub on chicken breast fillets. Lightly oiled a non-stick pan and pan cooked chicken. Enjoyed by my family, including the kids. Photo also posted. Recipe made for "Make my Recipe Tag Game" in the Aus/NZ Forum