Recipe by MilkAndCookies
"This recipe is fantastic with warm crusty Italian bread, or any other bread for that matter! Use extra virgin olive oil and really good aged balsamic vinegar. For best results, make a day ahead and store in the refrigerator so flavors can meld."
Top Review by *christie
This is really delicious!!<br/>I didn't make the full recipe as I was making a variety of dips to go with flatbread and so it was just a tablespoon or so of the oil and vinegar, half a clove of garlic and a sprinkle of oregano & basil. I left out the thyme. I also added some Parmesan. It is now sitting and letting the flavours blend.<br/>Thanks for sharing!!!
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper