Recipe by DailyInspiration
A delicious-sounding Tex-Mex frittata using skim milk and a combo of egg whites and whole eggs. YUM!
Top Review by teresas
I cut the recipe in half and cooked it in my 8 inch cast iron skillet...I had a hard time getting the top to set so I flipped it before adding the cheese...this was filling...but both hubby and I really didn't care for the corn in it...but that's just us...I think next time I will replace it with chopped green peppers...I served it with a sprinkle of cilantro on top...hubby added some salsa to his...thanks for posting it...=)
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and quartered
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 6 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (or monterrey jack)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add jalapeno and garlic to a food processor or blender. Process until finely chopped. Add tomato, coriander and chili powder. Cover, process until tomato is almost smooth.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in hot skillet until tender. Stir in tomato mixture and corn. Cook 3-4 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Combine egg whites, eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Mix well. Add egg mixture all at once to skillet. Cook, without stirring, 2 minutes until eggs begin to set. Run large spatula around edge of skillet, lifting eggs for even cooking. Remove skillet from heat when eggs are almost set but surface is still moist. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover, let stand 3-4 minutes or until surface is set and cheese melts. Cut into wedges.