Recipe by BrendaM
This recipe is a version of a very popular middle eastern dish kofta kebabs (skewered meatballs). Usually serve with salads or on tomato rice with extra chilli sauce.
Top Review by Kendra Jean's Kitchen
Low carb, low fat, low sodium. Wonderful taste, and easy preparation. The photo was very helpful, I've seen the recipe before but was never sure how the skewer looked with the meat on it. I suppose I thought they were round like a meatball. Thank you for this recipe, Kendrajean
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground dried chile
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- oil, for brushing
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all the ingredients except the oil in a large bowl and mix together with fork.
- Cover and refrigerate the mixture for 1 hour.
- Light the barbecue fire or grill.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions, shaped each portion into a sausage about 5cm/2inches long, squeezing each sausage firmly to make it as compact as possible.
- Brush 4 kebab skewer and push through sausage, moulding them firmly on the skewer.
- Brush kebab all over with oil and place on the grill.
- Cook kebab over the hot coal for 7-10 minutes, turning frequently.
- Serve garnished with lemon slices.