Prep 5 mins
Cook 120 hrs
This is a variation on the normal Mozzarella Cubes as it is a bit spicier then most you can buy or find recipes for. This makes a great hostess gift or addition to an Antipasto Platter or just to snag straight out of the container.
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, cut into bite sized cubes
- 2 cups olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried chili pepper flakes
- Combine everything in a 1 quart jar or bowl (preferably glass) that has been washed well in extremely hot soapy water.
- Cover and shake to blend and refrigerate for five days, shaking the jar daily to mix contents.
This is a wonderful recipe! I used small mozzarella balls. The flavour does improve the longer it sits. I used it for Recipe #363554 but I couldn't stop myself popping in a few just on it's own straight out from the jar!! Thank you, Janet, for sharing this wonderful recipe, this one is definitely a keeper. :)
I liked this, it does get better as it sits. I used this primarily in salads during this terrible heatwave in NYC. Thank you for the recipe.