- Ready In:
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup cashews, unsalted
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves, unsalted
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, unsalted
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- Beat egg white in a large bowl with a fork or whisk until foamy.
- Stir in two cups of unsalted nuts until coated (amounts listed are my favourites, but any combination can be used, as can other nuts such as peanuts or walnuts).
- Stir in sugar and spices; toss with nuts until coated.
- Put nuts onto prepared baking sheet.
- Spread out well.
- Bake, stirring often, until golden-- about 20-25 minutes .
- Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Join The Conversation
So GOOD. But the yield is way off. I doubled the recipe. But ended up with about the amount of a single batch. Everything seemed fine when I took them out of the oven to cool, I left them cooling while I did other chores. When I returned, about half had "evaporated" (according to my husband and his buds - who were mysteriously milling about my Kitchen).<br/>My recommendation either quadruple the recipe or wait till hubby's out of the house!