Recipe by bakermarsha
I came home late one evening and realized I hadn't defrosted any meat. I came up with these fast and delicious wraps that even my husband and kids loved!
Top Review by kathleen.mcmurry
I'm curious why this recipe is listed as HCG/Phase 2 acceptable. HCG diet allows only 500 calories A DAY and low carb and sugar intake. This recipe logs in at 705 calories, 98 grams carbs and 60 grams of sugar. This would blow the daily intake if you are using HCG Phase 2 protocol. THIS IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO HCG PROTOCOL. Please understand you HCG plan before trying this recipe. Looks great but not HCG.
- 4 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in skillet with the Bragg's.
- Meanwhile, place celery, garlic and ginger into food processor. Pulse until desired consistancy. I chopped mine very finely.
- When meat is no longer pink add the pepper and salt. Mix.
- Add remaining ingredients (from food processor) and cook for another 3 minutes or so to blend the ingredients.
- Turn off heat and remove from stove, add the cilantro. Mix to combine.
- Place into bowl.
- Scoop meat mixture into lettuce and wrap, burrito or taco style.
- Enjoy these delicious wraps.